- Adjective meaning:
- happening every day or most days
- used every day or most days
My everyday activity includes an hour of exercise.
I need to buy another pair of everyday shoes.
- One day? Some days? No, every day.
- How often will something happen? Every day.
I go to school every day except Sunday.
I study a little English every day.
Note: Notice the difference in meaning between:
- Every day: Sunday through Saturday week after week
- All day: From morning until nighttime.
Practice: Choose “every day” or “everyday” for each blank.
- I need to take my dog for a walk _________________ .
- I enjoy opening my windows to hear the ______________ sounds of my community.
- I go to the library __________________, but I don’t always study.
- _________________ that I study English, I improve a little bit.
- The artist uses _______________ objects in her sculpture.
Answers: 1) every day, 2) everyday, 3) every day, 4) Every day, 5) everyday